Five soccer fans sentenced to life for murderSeptember 9th, 2011 - 3:25 pm ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, Sep 9 (IANS) Five supporters of Argentina’s popular soccer team River Plate were Thursday sentenced to life for the murder of a soccer fan here in 2007, reports Xinhua.
The five include Alan Schlenker, 35, and his brother William, 31, both former leaders of a local gang and sons of a wealthy military officer.
Ariel Luna, Ruben Pintos and Pablo Giron, all 35, were also handed down life sentences for what the Argentine court said was their role in “instigating the murder” of Gonzalo Acro.
Arco was shot when he was coming out of a fitness centre in the northern Buenos Aires suburb of Villa Urquiza.
A sixth man, Martin Lococo, was sentenced to 10 years in prison for his role in the killing.
River Plate, one of South America’s most famous clubs, was relegated this year for the first time.
- River Plate returns to Argentina's first division - Jun 24, 2012
- Soccer fan stabbed to death in Argentina - Jun 12, 2012
- Former French international Trezeguet to join River Plate - Dec 17, 2011
- Maradona's mother is dead - Nov 21, 2011
- Scores injured after soccer match - Mar 12, 2012
- 12 trapped after building collapse in Argentina - Aug 10, 2010
- Model convicted of drug smuggling in Argentina - Nov 04, 2011
- Argentine transport minister resigns - Mar 08, 2012
- Puerto Rican band taps Oscar winner to direct video - Apr 17, 2012
- River beat Independiente in Argentine soccer - May 25, 2009
- Argentine gets life for torture, deaths of 11,000 people - Nov 06, 2011
- Messi named ambassador of his native town Rosario - Dec 31, 2011
- Indonesia jails pop star for sex tape scandal - Jan 31, 2011
- Teenage soccer fan gunned down in Argentina - May 01, 2012
- Woman killed son, now hangs herself in Argentine jail - Apr 17, 2012
Tags: alan schlenker, arco, argentine court, ariel, brother william, fitness centre, gonzalo acro, life sentences, lococo, military officer, pintos, river plate, ruben, sixth man, soccer fan, soccer fans, soccer team, suburb, villa urquiza, xinhua