Five sleeping labourers crushed to death in NoidaMay 11th, 2008 - 1:34 pm ICT by admin
Noida, May 11 (IANS) Five sleeping labourers, including two women, were killed and two children injured when they were crushed under the wheels of a bus here at midnight Saturday. The victims were asleep near a crossing under the Sector-24 police station of Noida.
According to Superintendent of Police City Mahesh Mishra, the driver of an Uttar Pradesh Roadways bus was trying to park his bus at 11.45 p.m. on the ground when he failed to spot the sleeping labourers.
Driver Satpal, while taking a round of the open ground to park his bus at a safer corner, drove straight over the sleeping people. Four of the seven died on the spot, while one died in hospital. A critically injured girl was taken to the Guru Tegh Bahadur Hospital in Delhi. The other injured, a 10-year-old boy, is said to be improving at the Ambedkar Hospital.
The dead were identified as Kude (50), his wife Sagar (45), his daughter Hari Bai (16), Tunga (40) and Gulab (60). Kude’s daughter Chanda (7) has been referred to GTB hospital in Delhi. His son Balak Ram (10) is improving.
The driver, Satpal, a resident of Aligarh is absconding. A team of police have been sent to arrest him. A case has been registered against him and the bus seized, the police official said.
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Delhi policeman knocked dead by speeding taxi - Jun 07, 2012
- Five bus passengers injured in Noida accident - Oct 25, 2010
- Man killed in east Delhi firing was family's sole provider - Sep 03, 2012
- Delhi shooting: Second assailant dies - Sep 11, 2012
- Pedestrian stabbed for shouting at rash driver - Nov 26, 2011
- 2 killed, 16 injured in Ghaziabad accident - Mar 11, 2012
- 40 tourists injured as bus overturns in Delhi (Lead) - Aug 30, 2010
- Boy crushed by bus - Nov 18, 2011
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- UP policeman hit by bus, critical (Lead) - Jun 25, 2012
- Eight dead as vehicle slams into bus in UP - Apr 21, 2012
- Shops shut in violence-hit east Delhi area; situation under control (Second Lead) - Sep 03, 2012
- Eight dead in Tamil Nadu accident - Nov 06, 2011
- Man killed in vehicle collision - Feb 13, 2011