Five prisoners break free in PakistanAugust 1st, 2012 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Aug 1 (IANS) At least five convicts managed to escape from a prison in Pakistan’s Gilgit-Baltistan region Wednesday by breaking open their barrack’s lock, Online news agency reported.
According to police sources, the prisoners lodged in a district jail in Chillas town were involved in murder and dacoity cases.
The jail administration could learn about the incident only an hour after the prisoners escaped.
- Manhunt launched after 8 escape from Haryana jail - Jan 18, 2012
- Pakistan sets date with Saudi dates - Mar 25, 2012
- Pakistan-Tajikistan road to cost Rs.2 bn - Oct 19, 2011
- 25 killed in Pakistan bus attack (Lead) - Aug 16, 2012
- Taliban storm Pakistani jail, free nearly 400 inmates (Lead) - Apr 15, 2012
- Pakistani jailbreak: senior officials transferred - Apr 17, 2012
- Demilitarise Siachen, says Nawaz Sharif - Apr 18, 2012
- Pakistan launches 4,500 MW dam project - Oct 19, 2011
- 14 undertrials escape from Rajasthan jail - Dec 09, 2011
- Police on the lookout for underwear escapee - Jan 12, 2012
- Escaped criminal recaptured in Rajasthan - Aug 22, 2012
- Zardari remits sentences of prisoners - Feb 04, 2012
- 10 prisoners escape from Rajasthan jail - Aug 20, 2012
- Taliban attack Pakistani jail, nearly 400 escape - Apr 15, 2012
- Video shows Taliban welcome for man who escaped jail - Apr 20, 2012