Five policemen killed in suicide attack in IraqJanuary 24th, 2009 - 5:32 pm ICT by IANS
Fallujah (Iraq), Jan 24 (Xinhua) A suicide car bomber targeted a police checkpoint in western Iraq Saturday, killing at least five policemen, the police said.”A suicide bomber drove his explosives-laden car before midday into a police checkpoint in the town of Garma, 15 km northeast of Fallujah city,” a police source said.
The blast killed three police officers and two policemen and wounded 13 people including six policemen, it said.
Fallujah, some 50 km west of Baghdad is part of the Sunni province of Anbar, which had been a major stronghold for Al-Qaeda militants in Iraq since the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 61 killed in Iraq attacks (Fourth Lead) - Aug 25, 2010
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 43 killed in Iraq bomb blasts (Lead) - Aug 25, 2010
- Two soldiers killed in Iraq violence - Aug 13, 2010
- 57 killed in attacks on Iraqi police stations (Third Lead) - Aug 25, 2010
- 14 die in Baghdad bombings - Oct 12, 2011
- Three killed in Iraq suicide attack - Dec 15, 2008
- 50 killed in Iraq blasts (Second Lead) - Aug 25, 2010
- 13 killed in Iraq car bombing - Nov 28, 2011
- 11 soldiers killed in Iraq car bombing - Mar 14, 2011
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- 10 killed in Iraq bombing - Nov 03, 2011
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- 20 killed, 125 wounded in Iraq car bombing (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012