Five policemen killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attacksJune 27th, 2011 - 12:46 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, June 26 (IANS) Five security personnel, including two Border Security Force (BSF) troopers, were killed Sunday in two separate attacks by Maoists in Chhattisgarh’s restive Bastar region, police said.
The two Border Security Force (BSF) personnel were killed Sunday in a gun battle with Maoists at Koilibera area in Kanker district, some 250 km south of Rapiur, when a search squad of the BSF came under heavy police firing. The BSF claimed to have killed a few Maoists as well but recovered just one body.
“Maoists carried out a flash attack on a squad of the BSF and the troopers retaliated strongly but we lost one head constable and one constable. Four troopers were injured too,” a BSF official told IANS. The injured troopers were rushed to a government hospital.
Three state policemen were killed in another incident in Dantewada district when a police vehicle ran over on a landmine planted by Maoists.
“At least three District Force jawans were killed and four others injured when a powerful landmine blast hit a vehicle carrying a squad the Kirandul area,” Dantewada police chief Ankit Gardg told IANS over phone.
Efforts were on to take them to a government hospital at Jagdalpur, headquarters of Bastar region, he added.
Chhattisgarh’s sprawling 40,000 square km Bastar region, comprising five districts, has been a Maoist hotbed since the late 1980s.
- Maoists blow up CRPF vehicle, kill trooper in Chhattisgarh - Aug 06, 2012
- Maoists kill five security men in Chhattisgarh (Second Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
- 10 Chhattisgarh cops killed in Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Landmines recovered in Chhattisgarh - Apr 28, 2011
- Chhattisgarh on alert as Maoists mark anniversary - Sep 21, 2011
- Three troopers killed in Chhattisgarh blast - Oct 07, 2011
- Maoists abduct two villagers - Jan 10, 2012
- Chhattisgarh on alert against Maoist strike - Aug 14, 2011
- 10 securitymen die in Maoist landmine blast (Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Second Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Bodies of slain Chhattisgarh cops ferried in garbage truck - Jun 28, 2011
- Two deadly attacks in Chhatttisgarh, 15 cops killed (Third Lead) - Jun 10, 2011
- Three CRPF men killed in Chhattisgarh Maoist attack (Lead) - Jun 11, 2011
- Dantewada attack accused dies - Aug 24, 2011
- Maoists ambush security patrol in Chhattisgarh, kill five (Night Lead) - Aug 29, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,