Five of a family die after drinking teaJanuary 24th, 2011 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Badaun (Uttar Pradesh), Jan 24 (IANS) Five members of a family, including four minors, died after drinking tea at their home in this Uttar Pradesh district Monday, police said.Amar Singh, 45, and his four children - aged between 6 and 15 years - died allegedly after consuming tea at their house in Ujhani town.
“The condition of all the five deteriorated after they consumed the tea that was prepared at their house by Amar’s wife. She did not drink it and even warned her family members not to drink it as a foul smell emanated from it,” Deputy Superintendent of Police R.S. Kaul told reporters in Badaun, some 250 km from Lucknow.
“Not paying any heed to the warning, Amar Singh consumed the tea and also made his three daughters and a son drink the same. After consuming the tea, all the five started vomiting and were rushed to a hospital by neighbours,” he added.
While two children died on their way to hospital, Amar and the remaining two children died during treatment at a hospital.
“Prima-facie it appears there was something wrong in the tea. Whether it’s a case of normal food poisoning or some poison was externally added to the tea will only be confirmed by laboratory tests,” said Kaul.
- Three die after consuming cold drink - Mar 14, 2011
- Moonshine kills six in Uttar Pradesh - Mar 03, 2010
- 34 killed in Uttar Pradesh accident (Lead) - Dec 26, 2010
- Major hooch tragedies in India - Dec 15, 2011
- Mother poisons daughters, self - Nov 08, 2011
- Briton dies in Manali - Sep 25, 2011
- 13 kids die of infectious diseases in Uttar Pradesh village - Jan 09, 2010
- Toxic potatoes kill two children, five hospitalised - Mar 11, 2011
- Five killed in accident, driver commits suicide - May 20, 2010
- Five of family die after drinking poisoned tea - Sep 26, 2011
- Sub-divisional magistrate attempts suicide in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 17, 2010
- Tiger found dead in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 12, 2010
- One dead as temple water tank bursts (Second Lead) - Mar 22, 2010
- Four fall sick after consuming wild mushrooms in Assam - Apr 27, 2012
- Woman poisons self, four kids; three die - Jul 11, 2011