Five new high court chief justices appointedMarch 4th, 2009 - 9:38 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, March 4 (IANS) President Pratibha Patil Wednesday appointed five chief justices of high courts across the country.
“The president is pleased to appoint Justice Chandramauli Kumar Prasad of the Patna High Court as the chief justice of the Allahabad High Court with effect from the date he assumes charge of his office,” said a statement by the ministry of law and justice here.
Similarly, Justice Aftab Hussain Saikia of the Gauhati High Court will be the chief justice of the Sikkim High Court.
Karnataka High Court judge Deepak Verma was appointed the chief justice of the Rajasthan High Court.
Kerala High Court judge Jacob Benjamin Koshy will be the new chief justice of the Patna High Court.
Justice Samindar Rudrayya Bannurmath, a judge of the Karnataka High Court, has been appointed as the chief justice of the Kerala High Court.
- Bhardwaj rejects BJP government nominee as ombudsman - Feb 06, 2012
- Kashmir native named chief justice of state high court - Sep 14, 2010
- Karnataka initiates process for selecting new Lokayukta (Lead) - Feb 07, 2012
- Karnataka judge Bannurmath denies governor's charges - Feb 07, 2012
- Supreme Court needed 7 more judges till March 31 - Apr 26, 2010
- Karnataka ombudsman row to end soon, says chief minister - Dec 20, 2011
- No consensus on new Karnataka ombudsman yet - Nov 05, 2011
- It's letter versus spirit of law in Karnataka (Karnataka Newsletter) - Jan 28, 2012
- Apex court rejects Dinakaran's plea - Jul 19, 2011
- No power to name ombudsman on own, says Bhardwaj - Jan 19, 2012
- House sites row dog Karnataka Lokayukta selection - Oct 28, 2011
- Karnataka assembly rocked over BJP attack on governor - Dec 07, 2011
- A judge's conduct should be exemplary: Supreme Court - May 27, 2011
- Bhardwaj slams Karnataka government over new ombudsman - Dec 19, 2011
- Hazare leads hundreds at 'save ombudsman' rally in Bangalore - Dec 17, 2011