Five murders in a day in Delhi(Lead)May 2nd, 2008 - 12:06 am ICT by admin
New Delhi, May 1 (IANS) During the 24 hours to Thursday evening, five people - a one-and-a-half-year-old girl, a tailor, a property dealer, a milk vendor and a restaurant employee - were killed in four murderous assaults in the capital, police said. Two unidentified men barged into the residence of Mohammed Abid and his wife Shanno in Inderlok area of north Delhi at around 11.30 a.m. Abid, a rickshaw puller, was away from the one-room home.
Shanno in her complaint to police said the men demanded money and when she refused they drew out a knife and attacked her and her daughter, who had undergone four surgeries for brain tumour in last one year.
“During the scuffle the man slit open my daughter’s throat and ran away. We rushed her to a private hospital where doctors further referred her to a big hospital. She died on her way to St. Stephen Hospital,” she told police.
Police said a case of murder was registered at the Inderlok police station.
“We suspect an insider job. The family’s statement has some contradiction. But we are verifying it,” a senior police official said.
Rakesh Kumar, a 25-year-old who ran the Pal Dairy in Seelampur of northeast Delhi, was stabbed to death by a milkman, Parveen, over a petty dispute at around 7 a.m.
Parveen came to Rakesh’s dairy and asked him to keep his empty milk containers at the shop. When Rakesh refused, an altercation took place.
“Parveen, in a fit of rage, drew out a scissor and hit Rakesh on his chest. The scissor pierced through Rakesh’s heart and he died on the spot,” Deputy Commissioner of Police (Northeast Delhi) Jaspal Singh told IANS.
A murder case was registered at the Seelampur police station and a search was on to nab Parveen.
Property dealer Salim Pahelwan, 40, was gunned down when he was going on a motorcycle to his Kadampura home in northeast Delhi late Wednesday.
Police said Pahelwan, accused of murdering his sister in Uttar Pradesh, and was shot dead in Yamuna Vihar area by unidentified assailants.
Pahelwan suffered a bullet injury on his back. He was admitted to the GTB Hospital, where he was declared brought dead.
Police said a case had been registered at the Bhajanpura police station. Jaspal Singh said the killing could be the fallout of personal vendetta.
In another incident, 25-year-old Ramesh, who was from Puducherry, was stoned to death at his rented accommodation in Dabri area of southwest Delhi Wednesday.
Police said the victim’s roommates, Selvaraj, Madhu and Ramesh - all from Tamil Nadu - were missing after Ramesh’s body was found from their room.
“They had hired the room a month ago and used to fight daily after consuming alcohol. We suspect the victim’s roommates are behind the murder,” said a police official. The victim worked in a restaurant in Dwarka Sector 6.
A 35-year-old man, identified as Ram Kishan, was found dead with stab injuries in Jahangir Puri area in northwest Delhi late Wednesday. Ram Kishan worked as a tailor in the same area.
- Three people murdered in Delhi - May 01, 2008
- Eight-year-old girl raped in Delhi - Mar 18, 2011
- Delhi woman poisoned for giving birth to girl dies - Apr 21, 2012
- Delhi woman poisoned by husband for giving birth to girl - Apr 20, 2012
- Two held for shooting at friend - Jan 08, 2011
- Newly-wed woman commits suicide in Delhi - Apr 26, 2012
- Two held for making extortion calls - Apr 28, 2011
- Man jumps to death - Mar 13, 2012
- Absconding murder accused held after eight years - Jun 17, 2011
- CRPF trooper's wife found dead, dowry case filed - May 25, 2012
- Two robbers arrested for murder - Oct 31, 2011
- Newly-wedded woman sedates in-laws, decamps with Rs.4 lakh - Jul 22, 2010
- Delhi Police constable suspended for molestation - Nov 26, 2011
- Man killed while resisting robbery in Delhi - May 16, 2012
- Gym employee rapes colleague, held - Jun 28, 2011