Five management students booked in firing incidentJuly 16th, 2008 - 9:16 pm ICT by IANS
Ghaziabad (Uttar Pradesh), July 16 (IANS) Five management students were booked for aleged involvement in a shooting incident in which a passer-by was shot here following an altercation over a woman, a police official said Wednesday. Jagdish Sharma, superintendent of police (rural), said: “We would soon arrest the assailants after the victim recovers. On the basis of his statement, action would be initiated.”
Mansoor Ali, a passer-by, was injured when a student fired six shots at fellow students following the altercation at Dasna in Ghaziabad district Tuesday night, police said.
Six students of the Institute of Management Studies (IMS), run by Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader Naresh Agrawal, were on an outing in their two cars.
At a petrol pump on National Highway 24, they had a heated argument as both groups wanted the woman student to travel with them in their car.
A student fired at the other group and the bullet hit Ali in his stomach. He was taken to the Shivam Hospital.
The police have seized both cars.
A case has been registered against management students Yash Sirohi, Gaurav Tyagi and Arun Singh and two others, who have not been named yet. The students are absconding, the police said.
- Passer-by injured as student opens fire - Jul 16, 2008
- Two injured as chain snatcher opens fire in Delhi - Jun 28, 2012
- Two folk singers killed in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 09, 2012
- Italian sets himself ablaze after job loss - Aug 20, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 06, 2012
- Two students shot dead in Meerut - Jun 12, 2012
- Student killed in celebratory fire in Ghaziabad - Sep 12, 2012
- Chain-snatchers fire at pursuing youth - Sep 02, 2011
- Pakistani on way to funeral killed - Mar 02, 2012
- Pakistani security personnel attacked near 'Osama town' - Feb 23, 2012
- SP leader's son shot dead in Ghaziabad - Aug 12, 2012
- Woman jumps from Metro station - Jan 27, 2012
- Truck runs over schoolgirl in Ghaziabad - Nov 02, 2010
- Germany's dumbest bank robber (Osnabruck resident) jailed for 7 years - Dec 02, 2011
- Four killed in two Rajasthan road accidents - Aug 22, 2012