Five killed, six injured in Agra accidentApril 9th, 2008 - 5:40 pm ICT by admin
Agra, April 9 (IANS) Five people were killed when a truck collided with an auto rickshaw, a motorcycle and a scooter in Agra Wednesday. Later angry residents pelted stones and blocked a national highway nearby. While the official death toll is five, unofficial reports put it at eight.
A speeding truck rammed into an auto rickshaw Wednesday morning at the Sultanganj crossing on the national highway to Delhi.
Half a dozen seriously injured passengers of the vehicle were taken to the S.N. Medical College.
District magistrate Mukesh Meshram told media persons at the accident site that five people died on the spot when the truck, carrying stone, failed to stop due to a brake failure.
The driver ran away after people started damaging vehicles and blocked movement of traffic. The truck had a Rajasthan registration number.
Angry residents of nearby colonies blocked the Delhi-bound carriageway of the national highway and threw stones at passing vehicles. A posse of police personnel cleared the blockade around 11 a.m.
- Truck mows down two women in Delhi - Apr 27, 2012
- Truck rams 10 vehicles, eight people killed - Jan 29, 2011
- Bikaner residents block roads to protest murder - Jun 30, 2012
- Two killed, seven injured in Agra truck crash - May 11, 2012
- Three killed, four hurt in road accident - Aug 03, 2012
- 14 killed in two Nagaland accidents - Jan 06, 2012
- Dalit killed in clashes between protesters, police - Dec 30, 2011
- Chaos rules as Jats block Haryana roads, rail tracks (Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Overspeeding truck kills one, injures two in Delhi - Mar 11, 2012
- Student killed as truck rams into school - Nov 30, 2011
- Beam at Delhi flyover causes male nurse's death - Apr 29, 2012
- Blockade lifted, but Manipur still tense - Dec 02, 2011
- Army called as Jat agitators torch police station (Second Lead) - Mar 07, 2012
- Goa tribals disrupt rail-road traffic, withdraw stir (Second Lead) - May 25, 2011
- Gujjars start returning home from rail tracks - Jan 06, 2011