Five killed in Uttar Pradesh accidentMay 14th, 2011 - 10:45 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 14 (IANS) Five members of a marriage party were killed and 10 critically injured when their overloaded jeep overturned after being hit by a speeding truck in Uttar Pradesh’s Bahraich district, police said Saturday.
The accident took place late Friday in Shekhdaheer area, some 140 km from here, when the jeep carrying around 15 people turned turtle after its rear portion was hit by the truck.
“While four people were killed on the spot, another died on way to the hospital. All the injured have been admitted to a district hospital where the condition of six is stated to be serious,” police inspector S.N. Tiwari said.
“It appears the jeep initially spun out of control due to overloading, and was later hit by the truck,” he added.
According to police, the passengers were on their way to attend a marriage in Kesarganj town of the district.
- Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jun 22, 2010
- Four pilgrims killed, 31 injured in bus accident - Jun 02, 2010
- Seven killed as truck rams into jeep in Uttar Pradesh - Nov 18, 2010
- Eight killed in Uttar Pradesh accident - Jul 01, 2010
- 12 killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Apr 12, 2011
- Two killed, 37 injured in Kashmir road accident - May 16, 2012
- Seven electrocuted to death in Jharkhand - Apr 13, 2012
- Eight die as truck overturns on hut - Dec 17, 2010
- Four killed in Uttar Pradesh road accident - Dec 05, 2011
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- 16 die in Uttar Pradesh accident - May 19, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh official killed in road accident - Nov 05, 2010
- 16 killed as truck overturns in Gujarat - Jun 14, 2010
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- Nine killed in Haryana accident - Oct 28, 2011