Five killed in two road accidentsNovember 7th, 2011 - 9:05 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Nov 7 (IANS) Five people, including a minor, were killed and two injured in two separate accidents involving motorcycles in the national capital, police said Monday.
While three people, who were on a motorcycle, were killed in north Delhi’s Rohini area, two died when a speeding truck rammed their motorcycle in west Delhi.
“Rajkumar, 27, Mukesh, 28, Mahendra, 22 were on their way to Wazirpur on a motorcycle when a tempo rammed their bike around 2.30 a.m. Monday,” said a police officer.
While two succumbed to their injures on the spot, the third died on way to hospital, polce said.
According to police, the errant driver, who was under the influence of alcohol, was arrested.
The incident was reported near Deepali Chowk in Rohini.
In another incident, two pillion riders, including a seven-year-old, were killed when their motorcycle was hit by a speeding truck in west Delhi’s Punjabi Bagh area.
The incident was reported around 11.30 p.m Sunday when Manoj, 26, was driving a motorcycle with his father, Ashok, and two neighborhood children riding pillion. They were going towards Rani Bagh.
“While Ashok, 50, and Tanishk, seven, died, Manoj and Prateek, both aged four, were injured and were admitted to a nearby hospital. They were discharged soon,” a police officer said.
Tanishk was Prateek’s brother.
Manoj was under the influence of alcohol, said police.
“There is a no trace of the errant driver and we are investigating the case,” added the officer.
- Two die in east Delhi road accident - Dec 28, 2011
- Three killed in accident - Mar 10, 2011
- Two killed, one hurt in two road accidents - Mar 01, 2011
- Three hurt as speeding car hits bike in Delhi - Apr 15, 2012
- Six killed in Delhi road accidents (Roundup) - Feb 21, 2012
- Two killed in road accidents - Nov 20, 2011
- Truck crushes three siblings in Greater Noida - Jul 14, 2011
- Speeding Mercedes kills constable, injures another in Delhi (Lead) - Apr 10, 2012
- Two killed in two Noida accidents - Jul 13, 2011
- Speeding car kills Delhi couple - Apr 19, 2011
- Delhi Police constable killed in road accident (Lead) - Feb 28, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Second Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- MBA student killed while speeding on Delhi road (Lead) - Apr 13, 2012
- Cop told to pay Rs.20,000 for false case - Jun 16, 2012
- Biker crushed to death by truck - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: alcohol, ashok, capital police, chowk, mahendra, motorcycle, motorcycles, nearby hospital, neighborhood children, New Delhi, north delhi, polce, police officer, punjabi bagh, rani bagh, road accidents, rohini, tanishk, tempo, west delhi