Five killed in Jharkhand road accidentMarch 19th, 2009 - 2:56 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, March 19 (IANS) Five people were killed and three injured when a truck and Jeep collided in Jharkhand’s Ramgarh district Thursday, police said.
A Jeep carrying around 12 passengers collided with a truck near Giddi Chumba in Ramgarh district, about 70 km from here. Four people died on the spot and one succumbed to his injuries on the way to hospital.
Police said three injured people were admitted to a local hospital. The doctors have now referred them to the Rajendra Institute of Medical Sciences (RIMS) here.
The truck driver, who is suspected to have been inebriated, ran away after the accident.
Police have seized the truck and are searching for the driver.
- Three dead, nine injured in Jharkhand road accidents - Jan 30, 2011
- 20 killed, many critically injured in Jharkhand road mishap - Sep 19, 2011
- Seven killed in Haryana accident - Apr 25, 2012
- Six die in Jharkhand accident - Dec 25, 2010
- Four killed, six injured in Maharashtra accident - Jan 27, 2012
- Seven killed in collision - Mar 28, 2011
- Six killed in Haryana jeep-tanker collision - Jan 03, 2012
- 8 killed, 18 injured in two Rajasthan accidents - May 11, 2012
- 18 devotees killed in Punjab accident (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Six killed in Jharkhand accident - Oct 29, 2011
- Five killed in Bengal accident - Jun 15, 2011
- 17 devotees killed in Punjab accident - May 07, 2012
- Bus accident kills five in Jharkhand - Jan 16, 2012
- Nine killed in Haryana accident - Oct 28, 2011
- Eight killed in Jharkhand road accident - Dec 16, 2010