Five killed in Jammu bus accidentJune 9th, 2012 - 10:34 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, June 9 (IANS) At least five people were killed and 15 others injured in a bus accident Saturday evening near Katra, the base camp of Mata Vaishno Devi shrine, in Jammu and Kashmir.
According to police, the bus carrying about 40 passengers and going from Udhampur to Katra, 45 km from here, skidded off the hilly road near Pathal.
The accident killed five people on the spot.
The locals joined the police in rescue and relief operations.
A police official said most of the passengers were pilgrims.
- Over five million pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi till June - Jul 04, 2012
- Now, ropeway for pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - Sep 23, 2011
- Heavy rush of pilgrims to Vaishno Devi shrine - May 15, 2012
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage resumes after forest fire (Lead) - Jun 23, 2012
- Vaishno Devi pilgrimage suspended due to forest fire - Jun 23, 2012
- Eight pilgrims killed in Himachal (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Action plan to secure Vaishno Devi track against landslides - Jun 16, 2010
- 15 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Second Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- 10 pilgrims killed in Jammu bus accident (Lead) - Jul 15, 2012
- Record pilgrims visit Vaishno Devi - Dec 25, 2011
- Now, e-tickets for chopper ride to Vaishno Devi - Apr 29, 2011
- Nine killed in Haryana road accident - May 06, 2010
- Two Kashmir wrestlers to compete in Pakistan (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Pilgrims throng Vaishno Devi on New Year - Jan 01, 2011
- 'Pakistani wrestlers to take part in Kashmir competition' - Oct 13, 2010