Five killed in gas cylinder blast in DelhiJune 13th, 2009 - 11:27 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) Five people were killed and nine others were injured when a gas cylinder exploded in a welding shop here Saturday evening, police said.
Ved Pal, the owner of the welding shop, his two sons Sonu and Monu along and two unidentified labourers were killed in the incident that took place at 4.40 p.m. Saturday in Kamruddin Nagar in west Delhi’s Nangloi area.
A police official said that the blast damaged other shops as well.
“The impact was so serious that the roof of the shop and its adjacent goods shop caved in. Nine other people were also injured,” a police official said.
The injured were rushed to the Satyabama Hospital and Sanjay Gandhi Hospital.
- Five injured in Delhi cylinder blast (Lead) - Feb 05, 2011
- Two killed in factory fire in Andhra Pradesh - Aug 15, 2012
- Five dead in Pakistan building collapse - Apr 13, 2012
- Three injured in Delhi cylinder blast - Feb 05, 2011
- One killed in cylinder blast - Jul 20, 2011
- Two treated in Agra after gas leak - Nov 15, 2011
- 11 injured in Delhi cylinder blast (Lead) - May 20, 2012
- Two tourists killed in gas cylinder blast, not grenade: Police (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Five killed in ammonia gas cylinder explosion - Nov 14, 2011
- Life back to normal in east Delhi, six more arrested - Sep 05, 2012
- Three killed in Maharashtra petrol tank blast - Aug 26, 2012
- Two arrested in Ghaziabad honour killing case - Jul 27, 2010
- Three killed in Kashmir gas cylinder explosion (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Two killed in Orissa plant blast (Lead) - Apr 09, 2011
- Injured tourist succumbs, death toll is four - Aug 01, 2012