Five killed in Delhi road accidentDecember 12th, 2008 - 1:07 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 12 (IANS) Five members of a family, including a minor, were killed in the capital when two cars rammed into each other, a police officer said Friday. The accident took place around Thursday midnight when a Scorpio vehicle hit a Maruti 800 from the back at Keshavpuram in northwest Delhi.
“The deceased were of the same family and were returning from a wedding function in the night,” the officer said.
Those killed have been identified as Rajesh, 48, his wife, 45, two sons - Rishabh, 11, and Mukul, 20 and niece Tanvi, 18.
He said the driver of the Scorpio vehicle is absconding.
An eyewitness said: “The collision was so powerful that all the occupants of the Maruti car were thrown out on the road. Both the cars were badly mangled.”
- Road rage claims a life in Delhi - Dec 13, 2010
- Five members of family killed in Delhi road accident (Lead) - Dec 12, 2008
- Truck driver dies in crash after running down cyclist - Jul 15, 2012
- Six killed in Mumbai-Pune Expressway accident - Feb 07, 2011
- BMW kills two, injures four - May 05, 2012
- 19 dead in South Africa road accident - Dec 28, 2011
- Three injured as car run over pavement - May 18, 2012
- Seven killed in Chhattisarh road accident - Dec 14, 2010
- Fardeen Khan's kin killed in south Delhi car crash - Feb 27, 2012
- 2008 Delhi blasts: memories linger, lessons yet to be learnt - Sep 13, 2012
- Two killed by speeding mini bus in Delhi - Apr 22, 2010
- Six killed in Rajasthan accident - Jul 27, 2012
- Nine killed in Haryana accident - Oct 28, 2011
- Four charred to death in Kanpur accident - Jun 14, 2011
- Speeding BMW car crushes two people - Feb 12, 2011