Five killed in Bengal road accidentApril 16th, 2012 - 8:53 pm ICT by IANS
Siliguri, April 16 (IANS) Five people were killed when a speeding car skidded and rolled down a gorge in the hilly Darjeeling district of West Bengal Monday, police said.
“Five people have died, while three others were severely injured after the car they were travelling in fell into a gorge. We have already started rescue operations,” said Sangmit Lepcha, additional superintendent of police, Kalimpong.
The accident occurred at Malli under Kalimpong police station near the Sikkim-West Bengal border.
- One injured, seven missing in Bengal accident - Jun 14, 2012
- Four killed in Darjeeling road accident - Jan 17, 2011
- Two die as car falls in river in Bengal - Jul 17, 2012
- Quake kills 10, injures over 200 in Bengal - Sep 19, 2011
- Three bodies recovered, 8 missing after boat capsizes - May 20, 2010
- 20 die as bus fall into Himachal gorge (Lead) - Aug 11, 2012
- 35 killed, hundreds injured in Sunday's quake in north, east India - Sep 19, 2011
- Quake kills four, injures over 100 in north Bengal - Sep 19, 2011
- Deaths, destruction as strong quake hits India, Nepal - Sep 19, 2011
- 42 die in Indian quake, rains hamper relief work - Sep 19, 2011
- 15 Ladakh artists killed in Himachal bus accident - Aug 15, 2011
- 27 killed, 21 injured in accidents in northeast - Jul 21, 2012
- Three killed, one missing as rafting boat capsizes (Lead) - May 20, 2010
- Seven die in West Bengal landslides (Lead) - Aug 16, 2009
- Car skids off road in Shimla, five killed - Jan 21, 2012