Five killed, 20 injured in accident in Jammu and KashmirOctober 30th, 2008 - 6:25 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Oct 30 (IANS) At least five people were killed and 20 others injured Thursday, when the mini-bus they were travelling in skidded off the mountainous road in Jammu and Kashmir, the police said. The mini-bus, with 25 people on board, was coming from Kishtwar to Doda.
The vehicle skidded off the road at Thathri, about 10 km short of its destination and rolled down about 150 metres to the bank of river Chenab, the police said.
Five passengers were killed and 20 others injured in the accident.
Police were still verifying the cause of the accident but the injured said that the driver of the mini-bus was over speeding and could not negotiate a turn while overtaking.
- Two killed, 30 injured in Kashmir road accident - Jan 02, 2011
- 20 feared dead in bus mishap - Feb 10, 2012
- Mini-bus with 25 people falls in Jammu river, two escape - Jul 23, 2010
- 20 killed in Kashmir accident (Lead) - Feb 10, 2012
- 30 missing after vehicle falls into river - Nov 05, 2011
- 15 Ladakh artists killed in Himachal bus accident - Aug 15, 2011
- 6 killed, 34 injured in Kashmir road mishap (Lead) - Dec 01, 2010
- 10 killed, 20 injured in Jammu and Kashmir accident - Mar 15, 2011
- 25 killed in Kashmir road accident (Second Lead) - Sep 07, 2009
- 9 killed in two road accidents in Jammu region - Mar 24, 2012
- Five killed in Himachal accident - Sep 10, 2011
- Eight die in Kashmir road accidents - Oct 23, 2011
- IAF rescues 11 injured in Kashmir accident - Dec 01, 2010
- 5 die as bus falls into george in Jammu - Sep 07, 2012
- 6 killed, 40 injured in Kashmir road accident - Dec 01, 2010