Five injured in south Delhi fire

October 4th, 2008 - 9:23 pm ICT by IANS  

New Delhi, Oct 4 (IANS) Three members of a family were among five people who were injured when a fire broke out inside a house in south Delhi Saturday, a fire brigade official said.The incident took place in the Sarai Kale Khan area.

“We received a call at around 5 p.m. Preety, 25, was making tea when a bottle of petrol accidentally fell on the stove,” the official said.

“When her husband Anirudh, 35, tried to douse the fire, he was also injured. As the fire spread in the room, the couple’s six-month-old child Priyanshu and two other children Sujeet and Pooja, who had come for tuition, also suffered burn injuries,” a police officer said.

“They were taken to Safdarjung hospital for treatment. Their condition is stable,” the officer added.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |

    Subscribe