Five injured in Mumbai accidentMarch 16th, 2008 - 5:18 pm ICT by admin
Mumbai, March 16 (IANS) A young motorist who was allegedly drunk was arrested here when he rammed into a group of people waiting for an auto-rickshaw before dawn Sunday, injuring five of them. According to police inspector Narayan Yadav, Ashok Kantiprasad Kahar, 29, was in an inebriated state while driving his Chevrolet Optra, which hit the five at around 2 a.m. in Chembur in central Mumbai.
The victims were looking for an auto rickshaw when the speeding car lost control and hit them, Yadav told IANS.
The injured include Hemant Chaganbhai Daka, 31, Kishan Daiford, 20, Sadashiv Sargar, 35, Navnath Navle, 34 and Haresh Sambhji Sawant, 24. Daiford is in a critical condition at Sion Hospital.
- Overspeeding truck kills one, injures two in Delhi - Mar 11, 2012
- 12 killed as train hits auto-rickshaw (Lead) - Aug 24, 2012
- Auto-rickshaws older than 10 years banned in Ranchi - May 15, 2012
- Dial-an-auto soon in Maharashtra - Apr 03, 2012
- 30-year-old auto rickshaws banned in Pakistani city - Jul 22, 2012
- Man arrested for snatching foreigner's bag - Nov 11, 2011
- Bengal comes out with directives for cabs, auto rickshaws - Aug 22, 2012
- Five killed in accident - Apr 15, 2010
- Auto strike hits hard Mumbai suburban commuters - Apr 16, 2012
- Indefinite auto strike in Delhi from Wednesday - May 17, 2011
- Truck rams 10 vehicles, eight people killed - Jan 29, 2011
- Six killed as train hits auto-rickshaw - Aug 24, 2012
- Woman gangraped, dies in Ranchi hospital - Apr 23, 2012
- Court dismisses petitions against GPS systems for Delhi autos - Sep 17, 2012
- Two die in Kashmir Valley road accidents - Jun 14, 2011