Five injured in Kashmir blast (Lead)October 26th, 2011 - 5:06 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Oct 26 (IANS) At least five civilians were injured Wednesday in Jammu and Kashmir’s Bijbehara town when guerrillas hurled a grenade on policemen but it missed the target.
“The grenade exploded outside a shop,” injuring the civilians, a police officer said.
The blast triggered panic in Bijbehara town, 45 km from here. The town is located in Anantnag district in south Kashmir.
Security forces immediately mounted a hunt for the attackers.
Wednesday’s incident came a day after three grenade attacks and a hit and run shooting left four security men wounded in Srinagar and south Kashmir.
- Two tourists killed in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 28, 2012
- One killed, four injured in Kashmir (Lead) - Feb 28, 2011
- Two tourists killed in gas cylinder blast, not grenade: Police (Second Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Three killed in Kashmir gas cylinder explosion (Third Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Four injured in Kashmir attack (Lead) - May 14, 2012
- Four attacks injure four in Kashmir - Oct 25, 2011
- 1 killed, 15 injured in south Kashmir blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Two tourists killed in Kashmir grenade attack (Lead) - Jul 28, 2012
- Three hurt in Kashmir grenade attack - May 19, 2012
- Six injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jun 24, 2011
- Guerrillas attack Kashmir police officer's house - Dec 06, 2010
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Kashmir blast: Injured girl dies in hospital - Nov 22, 2010
- Five CRPF troopers injured in Kashmir attack - Jun 17, 2012
- Five civilians injured in Kashmir - Aug 25, 2011