Five Infosys employees die in Karnataka road accidentMay 21st, 2009 - 4:02 pm ICT by IANS
Bangalore, May 21 (IANS) Five employees of Infosys Technologies were killed in a road accident in Karnataka’s Belgaum district Thursday, police said.
The incident took place after the driver lost control over the KSRTC (Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation) Airavatha bus carrying 43 Infosys employees at Hukkeri Taluka in Belgaum, northern Karnataka, 480 km from here.
“While three died on the spot, two were declared brought dead in the hospital. The five deceased are yet to be identified. They are in the age group of 22-24 years,” police inspector Venu Gopal of Belgaum police station told IANS on telephone.
He said the bus turned turtle and 22 passengers sustained serious injuries. All the passengers are currently undergoing treatment at K.L.E. hospital in Belgaum.
The Infosys employees, based in Pune, were returning from Mysore after attending a training course.
- Five Infosys employees killed in Belgaum bus accident - May 21, 2009
- Millions stranded in Karnataka as bus strike continues - Sep 14, 2012
- Travel Bangalore-Mysore on country's longest bus - Sep 04, 2012
- Shutdown hits India's tech hub partially (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- 15 killed as tempo collides with bus in Karnataka - Jun 27, 2011
- 15 killed as tempo-bus collide in Karnataka (Lead) - Jun 27, 2011
- Karnataka shutdown over Yeddyurappa prosecution turns violent (Lead) - Jan 22, 2011
- Collision hits train services on Bangalore-Chennai route - Sep 14, 2011
- Bus strike hits life in Karnataka - Sep 13, 2012
- Karnataka shuts down over Yeddyurappa's prosecution - Jan 22, 2011
- Two killed, 37 injured in Kashmir road accident - May 16, 2012
- 19 killed in Iran traffic accident - Sep 02, 2012
- Karnataka braces for Thursday shutdown - Sep 19, 2012
- Four killed as ambulance crashes into bus (Lead) - Feb 02, 2012
- Nine killed as mentally ill man hijacks Pune bus (Lead) - Jan 25, 2012