Five infants perish in Punjab hospital fireJanuary 31st, 2009 - 12:28 pm ICT by IANS
Patiala (Punjab), Jan 31 (IANS) At least five infants were burnt alive when a fire broke out in the photo-therapy ward of the government-run Rajindra Hospital in Punjab’s Patiala town early Saturday, hospital authorities said.One critically burnt infant was rushed to the Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER) at Chandigarh, about 90 km away.
Five other children also received serious burn injuries, hospital authorities said.
The hospital’s medical superintendent, Surinder Kumar, said that the accident occurred after a tubelight in the photo-therapy ward of the hospital burst.
Parents of the children rushed to the ward on hearing a loud burst there and saw that the room was already in flames.
- Five infants killed in Punjab hospital fire (Lead) - Jan 31, 2009
- Punjab's medical education minister quits over infants' death - Feb 01, 2009
- Saviour machines become death-trap for Punjab infants (Roundup) - Jan 31, 2009
- 3 arrested for Punjab hospital fire tragedy - Feb 21, 2011
- Patiala hospital fire: Minister's resignation refused, staff reinstated - Feb 05, 2009
- PM condoles death of infants in Punjab hospital fire - Jan 31, 2009
- Guru Granth Sahib varsity VC shot at, injured - Aug 01, 2011
- Azad announces re-development plan for RML Hospital - Mar 05, 2012
- Badal's wife passes away after prolonged illness - May 24, 2011
- Five infants charred to death as incubator catches fire - Jan 31, 2009
- Eight children die as junior doctors continue strike - May 08, 2011
- PM sanctions Rs.1 lakh for families of Patiala hospital accident - Jan 31, 2009
- Badal's wife passes away, cremation Wednesday (Lead) - May 24, 2011
- Immune deficiency main reason for infant mortality: Experts - Mar 05, 2011
- BJP MLA in Punjab dies of heart attack - Jun 03, 2012