Five IIM-A graduates yet to find jobsJune 2nd, 2009 - 4:41 pm ICT by IANS
Ahmedabad, June 2 (IANS) Five of the 70 students of the 2008-09 batch of the Post Graduate Programme in Management for Executives (PGPX) at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) here are yet to find jobs, an official of the institute said Tuesday.
The official said that 93 percent of the students who graduated on March 28 were placed by the end of May. The average domestic salary was Rs.2.02 million, while two students were placed abroad at an average salary of $122,000.
Four students from the batch have launched exciting entrepreneurial ventures in fields like clean energy, manufacturing and services. However, five are yet to get any job offers.
Placements for PGPX participants usually take place from December to March as they are considered for middle to senior level positions.
The firms that returned for recruitment at the campus this year included Adani Group, IBM, McKinsey, Mastek, NISG, Polaris, PRTM and RPG.
First-time recruiters included Alcatel, Lucent, Amazon, Eli Lilly, eInfochips, Emergent Ventures, Hero Honda, Marg Infrastructure, NMCE, Siemens Information Systems, Sundaram BNP and VBHDC.
IBM made the largest number of offers.
- IIM-Calcutta graduates bag Rs.2 mn in average salary - May 21, 2012
- Global firms vie to grab Bangalore biz whizkids - Mar 24, 2012
- More offers with dream salaries for IIM-Calcutta - Sep 28, 2010
- Over 350 job offers for IIM-Lucknow students - Mar 12, 2010
- Global firms line up with offers for IIM-B grads - Nov 02, 2011
- New IIM-A placement system receives good response - Feb 14, 2010
- Key Indian-American insider trading witness avoids jail - Jul 20, 2012
- Multinationals flock to IIM-Bangalore for internees - Nov 12, 2009
- Global firms make beeline to hire IIM-B grads - Mar 09, 2010
- Arun Seth named chairman of Alcatel-Lucent in India - Jul 06, 2011
- Placements at Delhi's newest tech university cross last year's mark - Mar 21, 2011
- 110 firms in IIM-Ahmedabad placement mela - Mar 12, 2010
- Rajat Gupta lived a double life: report - May 23, 2011
- 56 percent pay hike for IIM-C students - May 20, 2010
- No foreign placement for IIM Calcutta students this year - Apr 06, 2009