Five held with fake currency in Uttar PradeshDecember 7th, 2010 - 8:34 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 7 (IANS) Five men were arrested Tuesday in Uttar Pradesh’s Bareilly district for allegedly running a fake currency racket and counterfeit notes with a face value of over Rs.2.5 lakh were seized from them, police said.
The five, aged between 30-35 years, were nabbed from a hideout in Aliganj area following a joint operation carried out by police and sleuths of the Special Operation Group (SOG).
“Acting on a tip-off, we raided the hideout on the outskirts of the district and arrested the five along with fake currency notes worth Rs.2.65 lakh, scanners, ink and high quality blank papers,” police inspector Anshu Mali told reporters in Bareilly, some 250 km from Lucknow.
“Preliminary investigations indicate that the five were in the illegal trade for nearly four years and used to supply fake currency notes to clients in Haryana, Bihar, Delhi and other states,” he added.
According to the police, the accused are natives of Uttar Pradesh’s Moradabad, Amroha and Bijnor districts.
- UP Police seize fake currency worth Rs 2,65,000 - Dec 08, 2010
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Five men arrested with fake notes - Sep 13, 2011
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
- Three held for counterfeiting currency notes - Aug 28, 2010
- Man held for supplying fake notes from Bangladesh - Nov 05, 2010
- Man held with fake notes - Jan 22, 2011
- Man held with fake currency - Oct 24, 2011
- Three held with Pakistan-made fake currency - Nov 25, 2010
- Man held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 24, 2010
- Three held with fake currency worth Rs.1 lakh - Nov 18, 2011
- Man held in Lucknow with Rs.1 lakh in fake currency - Aug 27, 2011
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake notes - Dec 11, 2010
- Delhi policemen arrested in UP for kidnapping engineer - Aug 08, 2012
- Nepali national held for ISI links - Jun 05, 2011
Tags: amroha, anshu, bareilly district, bihar, bijnor, counterfeit notes, face value, fake currency notes, fake currency racket, five men, hideout, illegal trade, lakh, moradabad, natives, operation group, outskirts, police inspector, rs 2, sleuths