Five dead in Pakistan building collapseApril 13th, 2012 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, April 13 (IANS) At least five people, including two children, were killed and 13 others injured Friday when a three-storey building collapsed after a gas cylinder explosion in Pakistan’s Gujranwala city.
The commercial building located in Satellite Town area collapsed after a gas cylinder exploded in a sweet shop, Geo News reported.
Several people were also trapped underneath the rubble.
Sources said the top floor of the building was under construction.
In a similar incident in Rawalpindi, six labourers were injured Friday when an under-construction building caved in.
The owner was constructing a two-storey building in Westridge area. He finished the first storey four days ago and began work on the second storey immediately. But officials said the material used was substandard that became the reason for its collapse.
- Pakistan building collapse toll reaches 10 - Apr 14, 2012
- Pakistan factory blast toll rises to 11 - Feb 07, 2012
- 16 trapped under collapsed building in Pakistan - Mar 23, 2012
- Bangalore blast injures nine, destroys two buildings - Sep 21, 2011
- Four dead in Beijing house collapse - May 05, 2012
- Two killed in Pakistan building collapse - Aug 04, 2011
- Pakistan hotel blast toll rises to 14 - Aug 15, 2011
- Himachal building collapse: Owner, builder held (Lead) - Jul 11, 2011
- Himachal building collapse: Owner booked - Jul 11, 2011
- Building collapses in Chhattisgarh city, none hurt - Dec 14, 2010
- Five killed in Mumbai building collapse - Oct 07, 2010
- Mayawati orders FIR against Congress state unit chief - Oct 15, 2011
- Building collapses in Ahmedabad, several trapped - Jan 28, 2011
- Compensation for building collapse victims - Jul 17, 2011
- Seven killed in Rajasthan building collapses - Jun 05, 2012