Five BSF men injured in firing from across LoCAugust 26th, 2008 - 1:09 pm ICT by IANS
Jammu, Aug 26 (IANS) At least five Border Security Force (BSF) troopers were injured when a patrol party came under fire from across the Line of Control (LoC) in Saujian sector in Poonch district of Jammu and Kashmir, BSF officials said Tuesday.The firing from Pakistan Monday night violated the ceasefire agreement between India and Pakistan once again, officials pointed out. The BSF troopers returned fire.
The area falls under army control, but BSF personnel assist the army in patrolling along the LoC - the de-facto border between India and Pakistan in Kashmir.
On Tuesday, Pakistani troops opened fire once again to divert the attention of Indian security forces in Kana Chak sector of the border, allowing a group of infiltrators to cross into Jammu and Kashmir.
BSF officials said a manhunt had been launched to nab the infiltrators who were headed towards Jammu.
- Women units of BSF to be deployed in Kashmir - May 25, 2011
- Two BSF soldiers injured in Pakistani firing - Aug 07, 2012
- Ceasefire violation at LoC in J&K; - May 22, 2012
- Indian Army lodges protest with Pakistan on ceasefire violations - Jul 18, 2010
- Pakistan halts firing at LoC - Jun 21, 2012
- Indian soldier killed in Pakistani firing - Jun 14, 2012
- Pak violates cease-fire in Poonch district, one soldier killed - Oct 25, 2010
- India to Pakistan: Truce violations jeopardise peace - Jun 23, 2012
- Pakistani firing seeks to push terrorists into Kashmir - Aug 23, 2012
- BSF trooper injured in firing on LoC - May 02, 2010
- BSF trooper killed in Pakistani firing in Jammu (Lead) - Jan 11, 2010
- Pakistani troops fire rockets at Indian posts (Lead) - Oct 27, 2010
- BSF trooper injured in cross-border firing near Jammu - Aug 11, 2012
- Infiltration bid foiled, Army man injured - Nov 24, 2010
- BSF trooper killed on Kashmir border, tensions up (Lead) - Jul 07, 2010