Five arrested with counterfeit notes printed in PakistanMay 6th, 2010 - 12:11 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 6 (IANS) Five people were arrested in Uttar Pradesh’s Gorakhpur districtfor circulating counterfeit currency notes printed in Pakistan, police said Thursday.
The five men, in their mid 30s, were nabbed from Asuran, about 300 km from here, Wednesday.
“All five are residents of Gorakhpur district and were entrusted with the task of circulating fake currency notes in Uttar Pradesh, particularly in the eastern region,” Inspector K.P. Singh told reporters in Gorakhpur.
“Counterfeit currency notes having face value of around Rs.50,000 were recovered from their possession. Preliminary investigation reveals that the five got the illegal consignment from their Mumbai associates, who in turn received the fake notes from Pakistan,” Singh said.
According to the police, the men have confessed to being involved in the illegal trade for more than five years. They traded counterfeit currency notes having face value of Rs.1,000 for Rs.300 original currency.
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake notes - Dec 11, 2010
- Two held in Uttar Pradesh with fake currency notes - Oct 12, 2010
- Three held with fake currency worth Rs.1 lakh - Nov 18, 2011
- Two held with fake currency notes - Oct 15, 2011
- Man held with counterfeit currency - Nov 05, 2011
- Man held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 24, 2010
- Police scale down seized fake money haul, say notes good quality - Jan 14, 2012
- Five held with fake currency in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 07, 2010
- Nepali national held for ISI links - Jun 05, 2011
- Fake currency unit busted, three held - Jan 10, 2011
- Three held in Punjab for circulating fake currency - Oct 30, 2010
- Five men arrested with fake notes - Sep 13, 2011
- Two arrested with Rs.1 lakh fake currency - Aug 24, 2011
- Two arrested with fake currency - Feb 04, 2011
- Man held with fake notes - Jan 22, 2011
Tags: asuran, consignment, counterfeit currency, counterfeit notes, face value, fake currency notes, five men, gorakhpur, illegal trade, k p singh, lucknow, mid 30s, more than five years, pakistan, police said thursday, possession, preliminary investigation, rs 1, rs 50, uttar pradesh