Five arrested for gangraping Gurgaon pub employee (Lead)March 13th, 2012 - 10:01 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, March 13 (IANS) Five youths have been arrested for gangraping a woman pub employee in Gurgaon while two accused are still on the run, police said Tuesday.
All the accused are jobless youths and belong to village Madina of district Rohtak in Haryana, police claimed Tuesday.
The 25-year-old woman, who works in the Last Chance pub in Sahara Mall, was gangraped by seven people here early Monday. She was later abandoned at the Qutub Minar Metro station. She initially filed a complaint with the Delhi Police in the capital, from where the police took her to Gurgaon.
The victim was gang raped in house number A-7 of Rajiv Nagar here, Gurgaon police disclosed Tuesday.
Deputy Commissioner of Police (East) Maheshwar Dayal told reporters: “The victim was abducted by six people in a Maruti Alto car and taken to Rajiv Nagar, where Amarjeet lives in a rented room. All the accused, Naveen, Ankit, Rupesh, Mohit, Sunil and Vinod, including Amarjeet hail from Madina. Amarjeet works in a private company here and lives in Rajiv Nagar.”
“All the accused are below the age 25 and are intermediate pass. Six of them had came to meet Amarjeet on Sunday and decided to have fun in the Mall. They were having drinks up to late night Sunday. When the victim came out of Sahara Mall they planned to abduct her. They had seen the victim in the Last Chance pub also,” Dayal added.
Amarjeet and Vinod are absconding, while the other five accused were arrested Tuesday evening from Basai flyover in the old city.
After the pub closed at 2 a.m. Sunday, the victim left for her home in Badarpur in south Delhi in a hired cab. Her 17-year-old brother was also with her. When their car reached near the Bristol Hotel, a car overtook the vehicle and forced it to stop, after which she was abducted and gangraped.
The woman had told the police that she had a dispute with a waitress working at the same pub and that the rapists had been seen dancing with her in the pub. The police said that the accused were dancing in the pub but the alleged lady co-worker had no connection with the incidence.
On Monday, a case of abduction and gangrape was registered against unknown people at the DLF Phase II police station.
- Woman pub employee gang raped in Gurgaon (Lead) - Mar 12, 2012
- Two Rajasthan businessmen held for raping Delhi student - Nov 22, 2011
- Two held for Ghaziabad gangrape - Mar 15, 2012
- Two minors gang raped in the capital - Feb 11, 2012
- Gurgaon shops, brace for 'girlcott' onslaught! - Apr 11, 2012
- Chandigarh woman alleges gangrape - Jul 24, 2011
- Kidnapped woman rescued within hours, two arrested (Lead) - Jul 24, 2011
- Woman alleges gangrape in Kolkata - Aug 13, 2012
- Delhi Police teams looking for runaway kidnappers of woman - Jul 26, 2011
- Kolkata woman who alleged gangrape does volte face - Aug 14, 2012
- Gurgaon college girl gangraped - Aug 08, 2012
- Teenager abducted, gangraped in Gurgaon - May 10, 2012
- Woman gangraped in Noida, one arrested - Apr 08, 2012
- Police asked to be vigilant about women's safety - Nov 30, 2010
- Car hijacked, driver murdered on Delhi-Gurgaon expressway - Jun 11, 2012
Tags: abducted, bristol hotel, commissioner of police, dayal, delhi police, deputy commissioner, flyover, last chance, madina, maheshwar, maruti alto car, metro station, naveen, qutub minar, rajiv, rapists, rohtak, south delhi, sunil, vinod