Five arrested for fake visa-passport racketFebruary 17th, 2012 - 7:40 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 17 (IANS) Five foreign nationals, including a woman, were arrested in the national capital for allegedly providing fake passports and visas, police officials said Friday.
“Gabriel Olawale Ajisafe, Sunny Odigie Sunday, Enwere Okethukwa Kelvin Enwere from Nigeria, Karolin Cherotich from Kenya, Augustine John Johm Kwaku Kyare from Ghana were arrested Wednesday from the Golchha theatre in Daryaganj and Ganesh Nagar,” said an official from Delhi Police.
Around 120 fake passports, 300 visas, and 22,000 fake US dollars have been recovered from the accused. “The mastermind of the gang is Gabriel Olawale Ajisafe, 52. Ajisafe has been residing in Delhi for 30 years,” police officials adds.
The accused were running their office from Ganesh Nagar in east Delhi for the last one year.
- Five arrested for fake visa-passport racket (Lead) - Feb 17, 2012
- Immigration racket busted in Punjab, 1,200 passports recovered - Jun 21, 2011
- Three arrested for human trafficking - Sep 16, 2011
- 2 Bangladeshis, Nepali held for human trafficking - Jan 07, 2011
- Nigerian arrested with Rs.2.5 crore of cocaine - Mar 02, 2012
- Polish woman held with fake visa - Jan 09, 2012
- Two held for passport racket - Jul 08, 2010
- Pakistani with fake Afghan passport arrested - Aug 12, 2011
- Two people held for running visa racket - Sep 24, 2010
- Fake visa racket busted, three held - Nov 24, 2010
- Rains lash Delhi, add to commuter woes - Jul 08, 2011
- Fake visa racket busted in Delhi - May 09, 2009
- Two arrested for cheating - Nov 02, 2011
- Three held in Bangladesh passports racket - Jul 22, 2011
- Man held for fake visa racket - Jul 09, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,