Five arrested for duping people with ready maidsJune 25th, 2012 - 10:51 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 25 (IANS) They offered ready maids who would work in households, and collected hefty amounts as advance. The maid would work for a couple of hours and vanish for good. The gang has been busted by Delhi Police, officials said Monday.
Five members of a gang, who included three women, have been arrested Sunday. The police said they are accused of duping people on the pretext of providing them domestic helps, who would disappear within hours of their being engaged in employment.
The five gang members have been identified as Lakhan Singh, Bablu, Anita, Sapna and Poonam. They were arrested Sunday from different places in the capital.
The arrests came following a recent case of such cheating with a city businessman.
The gang members usually circulated pamphlets as slip-ins with newspapers in the name of different placement agencies.
“Whenever people contacted them, they would call the intended victim at a nearby place to provide them a maid. They would charge anything between Rs.15,000 to Rs.20,000. The maid would work for just an hour or two and thereafter she would disappear,” said Ajay Chaudhry, additional commissioner of police.
- Fake placement agency busted, three arrested - Jul 29, 2012
- Two held for running fake placement agency - Feb 02, 2010
- Man arrested for duping youth - Sep 29, 2011
- Two arrested for duping people - Jan 01, 2012
- Four held running fake maid placement bureau - May 26, 2011
- Groom stranded as bride flees with money - Sep 03, 2012
- Railway job racket busted, 5 arrested - Apr 27, 2012
- Man held for duping people with fake jobs - Oct 15, 2011
- Four nabbed for duping railway job seekers - Aug 25, 2012
- Three held for cheating, launching fake companies - Oct 21, 2011
- Two held for cheating - May 24, 2011
- Two Punjab women dupe six with lure of Canada - Feb 03, 2011
- Nigerian accused of duping doctors held in Bangalore - Apr 09, 2010
- Friendship club racket busted, 25 arrested (Lead) - May 14, 2011
- Three management professionals held for cheating - Jan 23, 2011
Tags: anita, bablu, businessman, commissioner of police, delhi police, different places, gang members, households, ins, maids, nearby place, New Delhi, newspapers, pamphlets, placement agencies, police officials, poonam, pretext, sapna, three women