First trial International Criminal Court in JuneMarch 13th, 2008 - 9:47 pm ICT by admin
Amsterdam, March 13 (DPA) The first trial of the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague is due to begin on June 23. An earlier date of March 31 was previously cancelled after the court said it was insufficiently prepared.
The ICC is the first permanent court that will prosecute suspects of war crimes and other serious violations of human rights. It was established in 2002 but no trials have been conducted so far.
The first to stand trial at the ICC is Thomas Lubanga from the Democratic Republic of Congo. ICC-Chief Prosecutor Luis Moreno Ocampo has accused Lubango of recruiting child soldiers during the brutal Congolese 1998-2003 civil war.
Lubanga was the first suspect of the ICC and has been in its custody since March 2006.
- Lubanga used child-soldiers 'to kill, pillage and rape': ICC - Jan 26, 2009
- Gaddafi's son will face justice: ICC prosecutor - Nov 10, 2011
- ICC prosecutor requests arrest warrants for Libyans for alleged crimes against humanity - May 04, 2011
- ICC requests arrest warrant against Libya's Muammar Gaddafi - May 17, 2011
- ICC in possible surrender talks with Gaddafi's son - Oct 29, 2011
- ICC probes gender crimes in Libya, calls for efforts to prevent escape of Gaddafi's son - Nov 03, 2011
- Libyan leaders may face UN arrest for war crimes - May 04, 2011
- International Criminal Court seeks Gaddafi's arrest - May 16, 2011
- Gaddafi killing smacks of war crime: Prosecutor - Dec 16, 2011
- Gaddafi's fugitive son says he is innocent - Oct 29, 2011
- Gaddafi planned to kill opponents before uprisings - Apr 06, 2011
- ICC investigating North Korean shelling, ship sinking as possible war crimes - Dec 06, 2010
- International court issues warrant against Gaddafi - Jun 27, 2011
- Interpol issues arrest warrants against Gaddafi - Sep 09, 2011
- Gaddafi gave sex drugs, ordered rape of women? - Jun 09, 2011