First Nithari murder sentencing later FridayFebruary 13th, 2009 - 11:24 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Feb 13 (IANS) A special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) court in Uttar Pradesh’s Ghaziabad town will pronounce the punishment for businessman Moninder Singh Pandher and his domestic help Surendra Koli, who have been convicted for the murder and rape of a teenage girl, later Friday.
In the first of the Nithari case verdicts, Special Judge Rama Jain Thursday convicted Pandher and Koli for raping and killing 14-year-old Rimpa Haldar four years ago.
The argument for quantum of punishment in the CBI court will begin at 11.30 a.m. Friday. The sentencing of Pandher and Koli will take place after the argument.
The two men were arrested on Dec 29, 2006, after police found 15 skulls outside the businessman’s bungalow in Noida adjacent to the national capital. The house (D-5) in Noida’s Sector 31, is next to Nithari village.
Subsequently, more bones were found in the drain behind the bungalow. Eventually, investigations revealed that the remains belonged to four women and 15 young girls who had been raped, killed and mutilated.
- Nithari killings: Koli, Pandher convicted for rape, murder - Feb 12, 2009
- Nithari killings: Koli convicted for minor girl's murder (Lead) - Sep 27, 2010
- Nithari killings: Koli gets third death penalty (Lead) - Sep 28, 2010
- CBI demands death for Koli and Pandher, sentencing at 3 p.m. (Lead, Changing dateline) - Feb 13, 2009
- Nithari killings: Apex court confirms death for Koli (Second Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Koli gets death for third Nithari murder - Sep 28, 2010
- Nithari killings timeline - Dec 22, 2010
- Nithari killings: Apex court upholds Koli's death sentence (Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari accused Pandher's family thrilled with acquittal - Sep 11, 2009
- Nithari killings: Supreme Court stays Surinder Koli's death sentence - Jan 07, 2010
- Supreme Court stays Koli's death sentence in Nithari killing (Lead) - Jan 07, 2010
- CBI demands death for Koli, silent on Pandher (Second Lead) - Feb 13, 2009
- Death for Koli and Pandher for Nithari teen's rape and murder - Feb 13, 2009
- Nithari killings: Apex court sends Koli to the gallows (Third Lead) - Feb 15, 2011
- Nithari killings: Koli held guilty in third murder case - Sep 27, 2010