Firm on pro-people decision, Mamata posts on Facebook (Lead)September 19th, 2012 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 19 (IANS) West Bengal Chief Minister and Trinamool Congress supremo Mamata Banerjee Wednesday said she and her party stood firm on the “pro-people” decision of withdrawing support to the Congress-led United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government in New Delhi.
“I will reiterate that we have taken a decision, which is of the people, for the people and by the people - and also pro-people. We stand by it,” Banerjee posted on her Facebook page. Her party with 19 MPs is the second-largest constituent of the UPA.
Miffed over the UPA government’s decisions to raise diesel price and allow FDI in multi-brand retail trade, Banerjee Tuesday announced that the Trinamool Congress was withdrawing support to it.
She appealed to the masses through her Facebook post to remain united in the fight to “protect” the interest of the country and save it from “disaster”.
“We vouch by our credentials and our total commitment is for the cause of the common people. Our life is born out of struggle to protect the interests of the common people - ma (mother), mati (land), manush (people),” she said.
Stating that Trinamool is well aware of “what they are doing and how the interests of common men should be protected”.
“Let us fight the battle together for the cause of the common people. I appeal to all my brothers and sisters to be bold and remain united to protect the country from disaster,” Banerjee posted.
Banerjee criticised a section of media for spreading what she called disinformation about her party at “the behest of certain vested interests”.
“Again a section of negligible channels is spreading misinformation and disinformation at the behest of certain vested interests. Always I have noticed that, whenever a strong stand is taken for the cause of the common people, such section tries to malign and create confusion. It is better not to trust such rumours, gossips and planted news,” she posted.
- Will keep fighting against anti-people policies, Mamata thunders - Sep 21, 2012
- Mamata pullout gets brickbats, bouquets - Sep 19, 2012
- Why back Pranab, BJP asks Trinamool - Jul 17, 2012
- Trivedi replacement a 'farce', says CPI-M (Lead, Changing dateline) - Mar 19, 2012
- Trinamool had asked for FDI in its manifesto, says Congress - Sep 20, 2012
- Trinamool's pull-out vindicates our strike call: Left - Sep 19, 2012
- Would have been happy to withdraw support, says angry Mamata (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Kalam hails Mamata's leadership qualities, honesty - Jun 19, 2012
- Mamata logs on to Facebook to canvass for Kalam - Jun 16, 2012
- Cooking gas and diesel hold the key to compromise? - Sep 19, 2012
Tags: behest, brothers and sisters, chief minister, common people, confusion, constituent, credentials, diesel price, disinformation, fdi, gossips, mamata banerjee, misinformation, mps, New Delhi, progressive alliance, retail trade, total commitment, trinamool congress, west bengal