Firm files for patent on cracked heel healing kitApril 13th, 2011 - 6:03 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, April 13 (IANS) A Mumbai-based cosmetics firm has filed for a patent on its technology which gives relief from dry, cracked feet within 20 minutes.
Oscar Pereira, managing director of the Cheryl’s Cosmeceuticals Private Ltd. (CCPL), told a press conference in Panaji Wednesday that the processes of the newly developed ‘Heel-Peel’ technology were “unique and revolutionary”.
“There is no product in the world which gives relief from dry and cracked feet within a short span of 20 minutes as Heel-Peel. We have filed for a patent,” Pereira said, adding that Heel-Peel was one of the 250 cosmeceutical products manufactured and sold by CCPL.
Pereira said that since its launch eight months back, CCPL had sold in excess of 10,000 Heel-Peel kits (priced at Rs.1,500) across the country.
“It is a cosmetic-grade urea based product which is used as a hydrant to soften the dead tissues and has an oat extract which is a healing facilitator. Heel-Peel also contains sodium and glycerin,” Pereira said.
“Changes in weather and overexposure to natural elements lead to dry and callused feet. If not treated appropriately, these cracks can get deeper and can cause discomfort and pain,” Pereira said.
“Heel-Peel is a safe, non-invasive treatment that utilizes natural active ingredients. It can be used on the ball of the foot, heel and peels the skin within 20 minutes,” he said.
- Stay on cancer drug licence may harm public: Natco Pharma - Sep 05, 2012
- Pretty shoes can create ugly feet for women - May 23, 2011
- How to keep your skin glowing during monsoon - Jul 04, 2012
- DMAE Skin Cream Controversy Goes On - Feb 09, 2011
- Dos and Don'ts during monsoon (To go with - With Monsoon health guide: Rainproof your lifestyle with right diet) - Jul 16, 2012
- Miller against animal testing for cosmetics - Oct 05, 2011
- Forever young - with instant anti-ageing creams! - Jul 10, 2010
- PETA organises 'Easter Protest' in Delhi - Apr 04, 2012
- How to Get an All-Natural Manicure at Home - Aug 31, 2010
- How to Choose the Right Winter Boots - Dec 09, 2010
- Oz property listing video featuring scantily clad model goes viral - Feb 15, 2011
- Apple wins slide to unlock case - Feb 17, 2012
- Boy averts major train mishap in capital - Jan 15, 2012
- Apple gets setback in patent war - Dec 10, 2011
- Apple applies for iPad Smart Cover patent - Aug 03, 2012
Tags: active ingredients, ccpl, cosmeceuticals, cosmetics firm, dry cracked feet, eight months, glycerin, hydrant, invasive treatment, launch, managing director, natural elements, oat, overexposure, pereira, private ltd, rs 1, sodium, urea, weather