Firing in Lucknow court premises, none injuredJune 4th, 2008 - 12:05 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, June 3 (IANS) Panic gripped Lucknow’s lower court premises Tuesday when a lawyer fired at a colleague after a clash between two groups of lawyers, the police said. No one was injured in the incident that occurred in lawyer Anil Vajpayee’s chamber.
“Two lawyers, Shivadhar Dwivedi and Vajpayee, had an old dispute over a piece of land. There was an argument between the two and their supporters,” Superintendent of Police (west) Paresh Pandey told IANS.
“One round was fired from the licensed revolver of Dwivedi and we took the gun lying in Vajpayee’s room in our possession,” he said.
Dwivedi told the police that Vajpayee snatched the revolver and opened fire, while the latter claimed he had not fired.
- Builder's guard held for firing on parking issue - Jan 22, 2012
- Two lawyers killed in Uttar Pradesh clash - Sep 03, 2011
- Government staffer kills three kin - Jul 25, 2011
- 10 injured in Uttar Pradesh clash - Apr 11, 2011
- Cricket fan fires shots after India's win, one hurt - Mar 25, 2011
- Banda rape case: Enquiry ordered into jail warden's claims - Jan 17, 2011
- Class 11 student shoots classmate in Kanpur school - Feb 09, 2010
- Delhi Police ASI shoots head constable (Lead) - Dec 21, 2011
- Jail official shot at in Navi Mumbai - Sep 09, 2012
- Three MBA students kill classmate; two arrested - Jun 22, 2011
- Journalist held for road rage shooting - Nov 30, 2011
- YSR party leader fires in air during celebrations - Jun 15, 2012
- Banda rape: CBI books BSP legislator - Sep 22, 2011
- Students kill coaching institute owner - Aug 02, 2012
- Two criminals killed in gun battle with police - Feb 24, 2011