Firefighter hurt while battling Mathura blazeDecember 18th, 2010 - 12:05 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 18 (IANS) A major fire broke out Saturday in a wood seasoning plant in Mathura in Uttar Pradesh, destroying goods and machinery worth over Rs.2 crore, police said. A fire-fighting official was injured.The fire engulfed the Ram Wood Factory in Koshi area and eight fire tenders were pressed into service.
“It was a massive fire. The situation is now under control. Timely intervention by fire-fighting officials prevented the fire from spreading to nearby industrial establishments,” police inspector Arun Kumar told reporters in Mathura, some 350 km from here.
“Only a few employees and guards were present inside the plant at the time of the incident. They were rescued safely by the police and firefighting officials. During the rescue, an iron sheet fell on a fire official, who suffered multiple burns. He is being treated at the district hospital,” he said.
According to officials, apart from drying the wood (seasoning), wooden products were also being manufactured at the plant.
“We are yet to ascertain the exact reason behind the fire. An electric short-circuit could be a possible reason that caused it,” said Kumar.
Hari Sharan, owner of the wood seasoning plant, said: “There is a loss of over Rs.2 crore worth of goods and machinery.”
- Massive fire breaks out in Mathura, firefighter hurt - Dec 18, 2010
- Major fire in textile factory, no casualty - Apr 08, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh plastic scrapyard, no casualties - Dec 06, 2010
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Major fire in Kanpur warehouse, no casualty - Oct 07, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh store, no casualty - Dec 21, 2010
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Aug 29, 2011
- Mathura market fire destroys goods worth Rs.50 lakh - Feb 11, 2011
- Leather goods warehouse gutted, no casualty - Nov 11, 2010
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Massive fire in plywood factory, no casualty - Nov 20, 2010
- Goods destroyed as fire engulfs warehouse - Dec 04, 2010
- Fire guts Meerut factory, sports goods destroyed - Feb 12, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: arun kumar, blaze, burns, crore, exact reason, fire official, fire tenders, firefighting, industrial establishments, massive fire, police inspector, rs 2, seasoning plant, short circuit, timely intervention, wood seasoning