Fire sweeps through Himachal villageMay 16th, 2010 - 12:33 am ICT by IANS
Shimla, May 15 (IANS) Fire swept through a village in Himachal Pradesh’s Kullu district Saturday, reducing at least 40 houses to ashes, police said. There was no loss of life.
“The fire in Jawaghi village in Ani subdivision started around 3 p.m. and destroyed most of the houses within a few hours. However, it was controlled by evening,” Superintendent of Police K.K. Indoria told IANS on phone.
He said since the village, some 150 km from the district headquarters of Kullu, is not connected by road, it took time for the rescue workers to reach the spot.
“Blankets, quilts, tents, food items and medicines have been provided to the affected families,” Deputy Commssioners B.M. Nanta said.
“The exact cause of the fire and estimated losses are being worked out,” he added.
- Suspended Himachal cop surrenders - Sep 02, 2011
- Six die in Himachal accident - Mar 09, 2011
- Seven killed in Himachal accident (Lead) - Mar 09, 2011
- Arrest warrant issued against Himachal cop for graft - Jun 16, 2011
- Five of a family killed in Himachal house collapse - Sep 15, 2010
- 65 houses gutted in fire in Himachal village - Dec 24, 2011
- Lightning kills 100 sheep - May 06, 2010
- 80 houses gutted in Himachal (Second Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Himachal seizes two properties 'owned' by Chautalas - Dec 17, 2011
- Beware of fatal fall in Himachal rivers - Jun 02, 2011
- 65 houses gutted in Himachal (Lead) - Dec 24, 2011
- Himachal rivers in spate, alert sounded - Jul 26, 2011
- Himachal rivers in spate, alert sounded - Aug 06, 2010
- Incessant rains in Himachal, rivers in spate (Lead) - Sep 22, 2010
- Tight security ahead of Gandhi's visit - Jun 25, 2010