Fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouseAugust 23rd, 2010 - 12:35 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 23 (IANS) Goods worth lakhs of rupees were destroyed when a fire broke out in a warehouse in a busy market area in Uttar Pradesh’s Shahjahanpur district Monday, police said.
The fire broke out in the warehouse of Right Concept Marketing in Anta Bazar building. It soon spread to other commercial establishments.
No casualty or injury was reported in the incident, police inspector A.K. Verma told reporters in Shahjanpur, about 150 km from here.
“Six fire tenders have been pressed into service to douse the fire. The firefighting officials have managed to control the fire,” Verma said.
He said a security guard, who was present at the main gate of the building, called up the firefighting officials.
The exact amount of loss has not been ascertained yet but goods lying at the warehouse are gutted. The loss is worth several lakhs of rupees.
Police are yet to ascertain the reason behind the incident.
“In assistance with the officials of the fire department we are investigating the matter. Electric short-circuit could be a reason behind the incident,” Verma said.
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Nov 17, 2010
- Major fire in Kanpur warehouse, no casualty - Oct 07, 2010
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Labourer injured in fire in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Leather goods warehouse gutted, no casualty - Nov 11, 2010
- Market blaze destroys goods worth lakhs of rupees - Mar 14, 2011
- Goods destroyed as fire engulfs warehouse - Dec 04, 2010
- Over 20 shops gutted in Uttar Pradesh fire - Jun 16, 2010
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh plastic scrapyard, no casualties - Dec 06, 2010
- Major fire in Punjab godown - Apr 30, 2011
- Major fire in Lucknow building, no casualty - Dec 03, 2010
- Major fire in Lucknow building, none hurt (Lead) - Dec 03, 2010
- Massive fire guts machinery in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Feb 26, 2011
- Firefighter hurt while battling Mathura blaze - Dec 18, 2010