Fire in Uttar Pradesh store, no casualtyDecember 21st, 2010 - 12:37 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Dec 21 (IANS) A massive fire broke out in a state-owned coal tar store in Etawah in Uttar Pradesh Tuesday, destroying goods and machinery worth lakhs of rupees, police said. No casualty was reported in the incident.The fire engulfed the coal tar store of the Uttar Pradesh Public Works Department (PWD) in Civil Lines area, following which seven fire tenders were pressed into service.
“The fire broke out, the store went up in the flames owing to the presence of inflammable material and chemicals inside the store. The store housed several drums filled with coal tar and machinery used for construction of roads,” police inspector Puneet Parihar told reporters in Etawah, some 200 km from Lucknow.
“A few employees were present inside the store at the time of the incident. They were rescued because of the timely intervention of fire-fighting officials. It took over three hours for the firefighters to control the situation,” he added.
According to police, the initial financial loss in the fire is being pegged at around Rs.50 lakh.
“The exact cause of the fire is yet to be ascertained. A joint enquiry is being carried out along with the fire department officials in this regard,” Parihar said.
- Major fire in chemical factory, no casualties - Apr 20, 2011
- Major fire in paper factory, no casualties - Apr 26, 2011
- Major fire in Kanpur warehouse, no casualty - Oct 07, 2010
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh hospital, no casualty - Dec 14, 2010
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Nov 17, 2010
- Five men arrested with fake notes - Sep 13, 2011
- Major fire in Moradabad brassware factory, no casualty - Jan 13, 2011
- Shopping complex in Uttar Pradesh gutted, no casualties - Apr 06, 2011
- Mathura market fire destroys goods worth Rs.50 lakh - Feb 11, 2011
- 25 injured as shop catches fires in Uttar Pradesh - Dec 16, 2010
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
- Goods destroyed as fire engulfs warehouse - Dec 04, 2010
- Fire guts Meerut factory, sports goods destroyed - Feb 12, 2011
- 10 students hurt in Uttar Pradesh bus accident - Feb 25, 2011
- Fire in Uttar Pradesh hotel, no casualty - Sep 29, 2011
Tags: casualty, chemicals, coal tar, drums, enquiry, exact cause, fire department officials, fire tenders, firefighters, flames, massive fire, parihar, police inspector, puneet, pwd, regard, rs 50, rupees, timely intervention, worth lakhs