Fire in Kolkata’s Burrabazar marketJuly 8th, 2012 - 1:29 am ICT by IANS
Kolkata, July 7 (IANS) A fire broke out in Kolkat’s Burrabazar, one of the largest wholesale markets in India, Saturday night, police said. There were no reports of any casualty so far.
Twenty fire tenders have been rushed to the spot. The fire broke out in a warehouse beside the Burrabazar police station, said an officer manning the city police control room.
Disaster Management Group personnel have also rushed to the site of the fire, which broke out around 9 p.m.
The fire is yet to be controlled, the officer said.
Disaster Management, Fire and Emergency Services Minister Javed Khan said the firemen’s job had become difficult as it was a congested area.
- Fire in Kolkata factory - Dec 20, 2011
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Major fire in Kolkata, no casualties so far - Mar 22, 2012
- Tyre warehouse in Haryana gutted in fire - Jun 30, 2012
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Two fires in Kolkata, no casualties (Lead) - Jan 01, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata building, no casualties - Jan 01, 2012
- Massive fire guts machinery in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Feb 26, 2011
- Fire in Kolkata go-down, no casualty - Feb 03, 2012
- Fire in Mumbai market, no casualties - Jun 27, 2012
- Major fire on 10th floor of South Kolkata building (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Fire in finance ministry office, no casualties - Jun 07, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata's heritage New Market doused (Lead) - Jul 21, 2011
- Fire breaks out in Mumbai's slum area - Jan 01, 2011
- Chandni Chowk fire extinguished, four hurt (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
Tags: casualty, city police, disaster management, fire and emergency services, fire tenders, firemen, India, javed khan, job, kolkata, management group, police station, saturday night, wholesale, wholesale markets