Fire in finance ministry office in Delhi (Lead)June 7th, 2012 - 7:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 7 (IANS) A minor fire, suspected to have been caused by an electrical short-circuit, broke out in two rooms of the finance ministry office at North Block here early Thursday, an official said.
Although no casualty has been reported, some office records were destroyed in the blaze, a fire department official said.
“Eight fire tenders were rushed to the spot and it took them around an hour to douse the flames,” the official told IANS.
“We got a call around 5.45 a.m. Two rooms - room no.14 and 15 - were gutted in the fire,” he added.
Besides office records, computers and furniture were destroyed in the fire, the official said.
- Fire in finance ministry office, no casualties - Jun 07, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh workshop gutted - Apr 29, 2011
- Thousands left homeless as jhuggis gutted in Delhi - Jun 01, 2012
- Blaze at IGI cargo terminal, offices gutted (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012
- LIC office in Lucknow gutted - Sep 14, 2012
- Major fire breaks out in bank, no casualty - Jun 24, 2011
- Shops gutted in Delhi fire - May 13, 2011
- Shops, houses gutted in Bangladesh fire - Mar 13, 2012
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- Fire in Shastri Bhawan - Jan 07, 2012
- Massive fire in Uttar Pradesh warehouse - Aug 29, 2011
- Labourer injured in fire in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Hundreds homeless as shacks gutted in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- After North Block, minor fire in Shastri Bhawan - Jun 27, 2012
- Minor fire at Indian embassy in Myanmar (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012