Fire in Delhi hotel, two injured

August 2nd, 2008 - 6:41 pm ICT by IANS  


New Delhi, Aug 2 (IANS) Two people were injured when a minor fire broke out in a south Delhi hotel Saturday, the fire official said. The fire broke out in an air conditioner on the second floor of the Qutub Hotel in Katwaria Sarai around 8 a.m. Nine fire tenders were pressed into service and the blaze was doused in 40 minutes.

“We are ascertaining the cause of the fire. But it seems that it was caused by a short-circuit,” a Delhi Fire Service official told IANS.

The police said hotel fire staff Nishant, 23, and security guard Ratnesh, 25, fell down after they were engulfed by smoke while dousing the flames.

“Nishant was taken to the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), while Ratnesh was admitted to the Sitaram Bhartia Hospital. Both were discharged after primary treatment,” said a police officer.

“There was no major damage to the hotel building,” he added.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |

    Subscribe