Fire in central Delhi building (Lead)May 23rd, 2012 - 8:31 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 23 (IANS) A fire broke out in the Punjab National Bank building in central Delhi’s Patel Chowk area Wednesday evening, police said. There was no initial report of casualty.
A fire service official said the blaze started around 4.41 p.m. “Around 25 fire tenders were rushed to the spot,” said the official.
“I heard a blast near my cabin on the ground floor. When I, along with my colleagues, came out, fire had engulfed an air-conditioner,” said Dipika, who worked in the building.
“So far, there has been no casualty. There were more than 250 people inside the four-storey building,” said a fire brigade official.
Fire fighters, using ladders, evacuated more than 200 people who had climbed to the fourth floor of the building to get away from the smoke.
Up to 50 people were still inside the building, said the official.
- Fire in central Delhi building, no casualty (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- Major fire at multi-storied building in South Kolkata - Mar 29, 2012
- Four injured fighting blaze in Delhi's Chandni Chowk (Lead) - Nov 28, 2010
- Major fire at Mumbai's Naval Dockyard - Nov 03, 2011
- Mantralaya fire toll rises to five (Second Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Efforts still on to douse fire at Delhi's Chandni Chawk (Second Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- Chandni Chowk fire extinguished, four hurt (Lead) - Nov 29, 2010
- 15 die in China factory fire - Aug 23, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- 13 killed in Karachi factory fire - Sep 12, 2012
- Woman killed in Delhi factory fire - Jan 26, 2011
- Relatives say fire fighters came late, minister denies - Dec 09, 2011
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Pune mall catches fire, 15 rescued - Jun 21, 2012
- Two killed, 16 injured in Mantralaya fire (Intro Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 22, 2012
Tags: air conditioner, blaze, casualty, central delhi, chowk, colleagues, dipika, fire brigade, fire fighters, fire service, fire tenders, initial report, national bank building, New Delhi, punjab national bank, wednesday evening