Fire hits bank in AgraMay 10th, 2011 - 10:05 am ICT by IANS
Agra, May 10 (IANS) A major fire broke out at the circle office of the Central Bank in Agra at around midnight Monday, destroying furniture and records. Fire fighting operations continued till early Tuesday morning. The extend of the damage has not been assessed.
Half a dozen fire tenders struggled to put out the fire at the bank’s office in the Sanjay Place commercial complex here.
According to police officials at the Hari Parbat police station, the security guard at the bank informed the fire brigade and senior officials.
Power supply to the whole area was suspended for several hours.
Fire brigade officials said their fire fighting operations continued till early Tuesday morning.
- Mantralaya fire continues second day - Jun 22, 2012
- Furniture worth lakhs gutted in Chandigarh fire - May 15, 2012
- Massive fire breaks out in Mathura, firefighter hurt - Dec 18, 2010
- One killed as fire engulfs mall in Maharashtra - May 02, 2012
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Mantralaya blaze: Chavan says fire controlled, orders probe (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- ATM with Rs.10 lakh gutted in Ghaziabad - May 17, 2012
- Fire in finance ministry office in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 07, 2012
- Fire in Presidency University causes extensive damage (Lead) - Oct 29, 2010
- Delhi firemen get 210 calls on Diwali - Oct 27, 2011
- Several trapped as factory building collapses in Jalandhar (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Chavan, Bhujbal inspect fire-ravaged Mantralaya - Jun 23, 2012
- Two factories gutted, no casualties - Feb 15, 2011
- ATM with Rs.30 lakh destroyed in fire - Aug 08, 2012
- Thousands of siblings take holy dip in Yamuna - Oct 28, 2011
Tags: commercial complex, early tuesday, fire brigade, fire tenders, furniture, half a dozen, hari parbat, police station, power supply, sanjay place, security guard, senior officials, tuesday morning