Fire engulfs house, seven die

November 20th, 2008 - 5:26 pm ICT by IANS  

Nagpur, Nov 20 (IANS) Seven members of a family, including four children, were burnt alive when their house in village Gondi Mohgaon of Maharashtra was engulfed in a fire even as they slept early Thursday, police said.The fire broke out in the house 2 a.m. due to a short circuit when the family members were asleep in their hut.

Ramesh Laxman Raut, his wife Kalawati, three sons Praful, Prashant and Pradip, daughter Durga and younger brother Haridas apparently had no chance to escape as the walls and the roof of the hut were made of bamboo and thatch which catches fire fast and burns easily, police added.

Related Stories

    Posted in Uncategorized |

    Subscribe