Fire breaks out in Mumbai hotelOctober 7th, 2010 - 10:20 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Oct 7 (IANS) A fire broke out Thursday evening on the fourth floor of Mumbai’s five-star hotel, Orchid Ecotel, a fire brigade official said.
“No deaths or injuries have been reported so far. We are trying to ascertain the exact cause and origin of the fire,” the official added.
The fire broke out on the fourth floor of the hotel, which is located adjacent to the domestic airport in suburban Vile Parle.
“Four fire engines were sent to the spot. An electrical short circuit seems to have triggered the fire. There was a lot of smoke in the lobby of the hotel,” said the official.
Officials of the hotel remained unavailable for comment despite repeated efforts.
- Fire at Army hospital in Delhi - Apr 18, 2011
- Two fires break out in Kolkata, no casualties - Jun 16, 2012
- One killed in Noida factory blaze - Jul 16, 2011
- Dozens trapped in burning Mantralaya, navy called (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Fire in central Delhi building, no casualty (Second Lead) - May 23, 2012
- After North Block, minor fire in Shastri Bhawan - Jun 27, 2012
- Massive fire at Maharashtra Mantralaya - Jun 21, 2012
- Massive fire in Dubai perfume factory - Aug 23, 2012
- Fire breaks out in Mumbai multi-storey residential tower - May 16, 2010
- Massive fire in plywood factory, no casualty - Nov 20, 2010
- Mantralaya fire: toll climbs to three (Lead) - Jun 22, 2012
- Fire in Srinagar hotel, nobody hurt - Jun 11, 2012
- Woman killed in fire at Mumbai multi-storey tower (lead) - May 16, 2010
- Fire at Mumbai commercial complex under control (Lead) - Sep 07, 2012
- Blaze at IGI cargo terminal, offices gutted (Lead) - Jan 05, 2012