Fire breaks out in Gurgaon factoryMay 6th, 2009 - 4:07 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, May 6 (IANS) A thick layer of smoke engulfed Haryana’s Gurgaon town on the outskirts of the capital Wednesday following a fire that broke out in a factory.
Fire brigade officials said no one was injured in the blaze that began at Huji company, which makes desert coolers for Bajaj Electronics, at around 8.30 a.m. in Udyog Vihar Phase II.
“It took three hours for 15 fire tenders to control the fire. The cause of the inferno is not known,” a police officer said.
“I could see the smoke coming out of the industrial area from a great distance. The sky was completely black,” said an onlooker.
- Two factories gutted, no casualties - Feb 15, 2011
- Fire in Kolkata factory, no casualties (Lead) - Dec 20, 2011
- Major fire at Delhi factory - May 12, 2011
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- 30 dead as flames engulf firecracker factory (Second Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Medical factory gutted in Gurgaon - May 27, 2012
- Rs.500 penalty for negligence in Pakistan factories - Sep 14, 2012
- 135 die as flames engulf two factories in Pakistan (Third Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- One killed in Noida factory blaze - Jul 16, 2011
- 33 die as firecracker factory catches fire (Fourth Lead) - Sep 05, 2012
- Major fire in textile factory, no casualty - Apr 08, 2011
- Massive fire engulfs plastic factory in West Bengal - Aug 11, 2010
- Fire breaks out at London building - Jun 14, 2011
- Two killed, 16 injured in Mantralaya fire (Intro Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 22, 2012
- 16 injured in Mantralaya fire, blaze under control (Night Lead) (With images) - Jun 21, 2012