Fire at World Trade Center in New YorkJune 3rd, 2012 - 11:48 am ICT by IANS
New York, June 3 (IANS) A fire broke out at the One World Trade Center tower in New York Saturday but firefighters managed to put it out in about an hour, media reports said Sunday.
“The fire was on the 89th, 90th and 91st floors, and our job was to extinguish that,” CBS New York television channel quoted Manhattan firefighting chief Jim Esposito as saying.
He said that luckily the fire was small with some construction materials burning, but firefighters had hard time fetching water 89 floors up, RIA Novosti reported.
The construction of the One World Trade Center, in place of the World Trade Center complex that was destroyed in the 9/11 terror attack, started in 2007.
Once the construction is completed, the tower is expected to have 104 floors reaching 543 metres in height.
- US marks 9/11 sans politicians at ground zero - Sep 11, 2012
- `At last some justice for the murder of 3,000 Americans' - May 02, 2011
- At 680 feet now and climbing, One World Trade Center finally joins New York skyline - Mar 22, 2011
- South Korea to build twin towers resembling WTC - Dec 14, 2011
- China's tallest building to reach 2,073 feet - May 29, 2012
- No new eatery atop World Trade Center - Mar 09, 2011
- Seven die in central Moscow apartment fire - May 17, 2011
- Ad agency embarrassed over NY firefighter photo ad - Mar 30, 2011
- President Obama signs 9/11 first responders bill - Jan 03, 2011
- Obama lays wreath at Ground Zero memorial - May 06, 2011
- New York Governor Paterson to meet with 'Ground Zero mosque' developers to discuss possible relocation - Aug 18, 2010
- One World Trade Center reaches the 20th floor equivalent - Feb 04, 2010
- Saudi Arabia to build world's tallest building - Apr 16, 2011
- 9/11 memorial to need $60 mn a year to run - Sep 10, 2012
- Obama visits Ground Zero to mark Osama's death - May 06, 2011
Tags: cbs, cbs new, center tower, construction materials, esposito, firefighters, firefighting, hard time, job, june 3, manhattan, ria novosti, television channel, terror attack, world trade center, york television