Fire at UAE buildingAugust 22nd, 2012 - 12:58 am ICT by IANS
Abu Dhabi, Aug 21 (IANS/WAM) A building in an industrial area in Al Ain city in the UAE caught fire Tuesday, but the blaze was put out in a short time.
The Al Ain Civil Defence, helped by Abu Dhabi police, put out the fire in the Al Ain Industrial Area. No injuries were reported.
Lt. Col. Rashid Hamarain Al Darmaki, director of the Al Ain Civil Defence, said the fire broke out in a building with several shops, including a carpentry and a plastic materials store.
He said firefighters responded immediately and were able to contain the blaze. A probe is on to establish the cause behind the fire.
- World's heaviest book displayed in UAE - Aug 22, 2012
- UAE prince gives 10,000 date palm seedlings - Jul 22, 2012
- UAE zoo offers special safari for kids - Mar 01, 2012
- UAE to make camel milk ice-cream - Mar 19, 2012
- Ramadan begins in UAE - Jul 20, 2012
- Sharjah skyscraper catches fire - Apr 28, 2012
- 457 illegal residents held in UAE - Aug 01, 2012
- Etihad, Alitalia to launch Rome-Abu Dhabi flights - Aug 25, 2012
- UAE, Australia discuss ties - Aug 25, 2012
- Muslim women MPs meet in Indonesia - Jan 29, 2012
- UAE minister attends Indian church service - Mar 11, 2012
- UAE president greets leaders on Eid - Aug 19, 2012
- Greater Flamingo breeds at Al Wathba Wetland Reserve - Aug 14, 2012
- Abu Dhabi police to crack down on noise polluters - Jun 08, 2012
- UAE, Egypt sign deal for heart surgery centre - Jul 31, 2012